BROOMFIELDS THE VINERIES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1122187
Date first listed:
29-Dec-1952
Statutory Address:
BROOMFIELDS, 18, CHURCH GREEN
Statutory Address:
THE VINERIES, 16, CHURCH GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROOMFIELDS
THE VINERIES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1122187 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 01:49:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
BROOMFIELDS, 18, CHURCH GREEN
Statutory Address:
THE VINERIES, 16, CHURCH GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Chelmsford (District Authority)
Parish:
Broomfield
National Grid Reference:
TL 70582 10473

Details

1. BROOMFIELD CHURCH GREEN 5213 BROOMFIELD 29.12.52. No 16 (The Vineries). No 18 (Broomfields). TL 7010 25/30

II GV 2.

A timber-framed and plastered house of cl6 origin, built on an H-shaped plan, with a central hall. It was considerably altered in the Cl7 and in modern times Gabled wings project slightly at the east and west ends. The wings are 2 storeyed with attics and the centre block is 1 storey with attics. The windows on the ground storey are double-hung sashes with glazing bars and the east wing has a C19 bay window. The lst storey windows are casements. Roof tiled. (RCHM 6).

The Church of St Mary the Virgin, No 16 (The Vineries) No 18 (Broomfields and Nos 9 to 15 (odd) (Woolards Cottages) with the Kings Arms Inn, Main Road form a group.

Listing NGR: TL7058210473

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
112452
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex Central and South West, (1921)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00487/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G.W. Garthwaite. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].