1 and 2, Sunnyside

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1122697

Date first listed: 21-Dec-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 17-May-1985

Statutory Address: 1 and 2, Sunnyside, The Green, Finchingfield, Braintree, CM7 4JX

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1 and 2, Sunnyside
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1122697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 10:41:55.

Location

Statutory Address: 1 and 2, Sunnyside, The Green, Finchingfield, Braintree, CM7 4JX

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Finchingfield

National Grid Reference: TL6838232836

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/04/2018

TL 6832 7/44

FINCHINGFIELD THE GREEN (north side) Sunnyside, Nos 1 and 2

(Formerly listed as Sunnyside House, previously listed as 'Sunnyside`)

21.12.67

GV II House. Early C16, altered in C18 and C20. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Three bays facing south, with axial stack in right bay, and two-bay crosswing to right. Single-storey extension to rear, with catslide roof. Lean-to extension to right, C18, with felted roof. Two storeys. Five-window range of C20 casements. Two C20 doors. The right crosswing has a jetty to the front, fully plastered.

The interior has exposed heavy studding, main posts with jowls at first-floor and tiebeam level, moulded transverse beams with carved foliate stops, exposed plain joists of horizontal section, large wood-burning hearth facing to left. The roofs of the main range and crosswing are both of crownpost construction with axial bracing, complete.

The owners report that the external plaster was stripped off c.1945, and that it was re-plastered c.1979. The moulding of the beams is similar to that of Street Farmhouse; 7/10 q.v.) RCHM 22.

Listing NGR: TL6838232836

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115187

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

End of official listing