Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1122702

Date first listed: 21-Dec-1967

Statutory Address: BRIDGE HOUSE, THE GREEN


Ordnance survey map of BRIDGE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1122702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jan-2019 at 20:12:11.


Statutory Address: BRIDGE HOUSE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Finchingfield

National Grid Reference: TL 68486 32801


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TL 6832 FINCHINGFIELD THE GREEN (south-east side)

7/50 Bridge House 21.12.67


House. Circa 1600, altered in C20. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 3 bays facing N with central stack, forming a lobby- entrance. Single-storey wing to left. External stack at right, with wing of one storey and attic beyond. Single-storey lean-to extension to rear. 2 storeys with attics. Ground floor, 3 C20 casements and one C19 fixed window of 16 lights. First floor, 3 C20 casements. 2 more in feature gables. C20 door with gabled hood. 4 octagonal shafts, rebuilt at top. The interior has chamfered beams with lamb's tongue stops and plain joists of horizontal section. 3 hearths have depressed brick arches, originally plastered but now stripped; the lower left hearth has been extensively repaired. Jowled posts, clasped purlin roof. 2 original oak panelled and studded doors, re-sited, one cut down. RCHM 19.

Listing NGR: TL6848632801


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115193

Legacy System: LBS


An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

End of official listing