UPPER YELDHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1122984

Date first listed: 07-Aug-1952

Statutory Address: UPPER YELDHAM HALL, NORTH END ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of UPPER YELDHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1122984 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 17:04:06.

Location

Statutory Address: UPPER YELDHAM HALL, NORTH END ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Little Yeldham

National Grid Reference: TL 78194 38784

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 73 NE LITTLE YELDHAM NORTH END ROAD, South Side 4/16 7.8.1952 Upper Yeldham Hall GV II

Manor house, late C16 and early C17, altered in C20. Timber framed, partly clad in Flemish bond brickwork with red stretchers and blue headers, partly with C20 bricks in stretcher bond, partly plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 3-bay crosswing aligned approx. N-S, late C16, with 2 axial chimney stacks, of a hall house to the E of which the remainder has been demolished. Early C17 range to E, approx. on site of hall, aspect N, with internal chimney stack at rear, forming an H-plan. C17 stair tower in SE angle, with lean-to roof. Large ancillary building to NE, C19. Single-storey extension to S of main range, with lean-to roof of interlocking concrete tiles, and canopy beyond on 3 brick piers with similar roof, C20. 2 storeys and attic. C20 door with gabled hood on scrolled brackets, one C20 casement window, one C17 casement window, one C20 double-hung sash window. First floor, 2 C17 casement windows and one C20 double-hung sash window. One C20 casement window in gabled dormer. The W crosswing has grouped diagonal shafts on one stack and one octagonal shaft on the other. There are original windows with ovolo mullions in the W crosswing, and chamfered beams with lamb's tongue stops. RCHM 2.

Listing NGR: TL7819438784

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 114473

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

End of official listing