This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

3, STONEHAM STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 3, STONEHAM STREET

List entry Number: 1123095

Location

3, STONEHAM STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Coggeshall

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 116211

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 8422-8522 COGGESHALL STONEHAM STREET (west side)

9/179 No. 3 31.10.66

GV II

House, now shop and house. Circa 1600 or earlier, altered in C18 and C19. Timber framed, roughcast rendered, roofed with handmade red plain tiles. 2-bay range facing NE, with early C19 internal stack at rear of left bay and 2 C19 single-storey rear wings roofed with slate. 2 storeys and attics. Ground floor, one late C19 splayed bay of sashes of 2-4-2 lights, and another converted to a shop window. First floor, 2 C18/early C19 sashes of 12 lights. C20 glazed door to shop, and plain boarded door to foot-passage through at right end. Chamfered axial beam of heavy section, boxed transverse beams. Most of the frame is concealed by interior finishes, but at the right end some close studding is exposed, with a trenched brace of reversed double curvature. Chamfered axial beams with lamb's tongue and notch stops above the first floor. Roof rebuilt in gambrel form in C18. The rear stack has bricks engraved with the initials J.E. and the date 1823.

Listing NGR: TL8498922638

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 84989 22638

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123095 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 10:01:05.

End of official listing