PRIORY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1123216

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: PRIORY FARMHOUSE, COLNE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRIORY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123216 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 20:33:00.

Location

Statutory Address: PRIORY FARMHOUSE, COLNE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Earls Colne

National Grid Reference: TL 85512 28982

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 8428-8528 EARLS COLNE COLNE GREEN (north side)

8/52 Priory Farmhouse

GV II

House. Mid-C16, mid-C17 and early C19, altered in C20. Timber framed, roughcast rendered, roofed with handmade red plain tiles. Mid-C16 middle range facing S, mid-C17 wing at right end extending forwards, early C19 wing at left end extending forwards, forming a half-H plan. Axial stack at right end of middle range, external stack to rear of left wing. Lean-to conservatory to left of Left wing, single-storey extension with hipped roof to rear of right-wing. 2 storeys. Ground floor, one C20 casement and one C18 sash of 12 lights. First floor, 2 C20 casements. No windows at front of left wing. 6-panel door, the upper 4 panels glazed, with simple flat canopy. Recessed panel with inscribed date 1835 in right stack. Stop-chamfered beams, moulded joists with vine-leaf carving. Original fireplaces. Roofs of main range rebuilt in C19. The name is misleading, for this was a copyhold tenement of the Earldom manor, the main range probably built for Joan, second wife of Thomas Rolte in 1540.

Listing NGR: TL8551228982

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115900

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing