This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WALL NORTH EAST AND SOUTH OF THE VICARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WALL NORTH EAST AND SOUTH OF THE VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1123427

Location

WALL NORTH EAST AND SOUTH OF THE VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hatfield Peverel

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 115397

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 71 SE and TL 7811-7911 HATFIELD PEVEREL CHURCH ROAD (south side)

5/56 and 12/56 Wall north, east and south of The Vicarage

GV II

Garden wall. Red brick in various bonds. C17, altered in C18. Extends approx. 55 metres E from St. Andrew's Church, turns S for approx. 35 metres, then W for approx. 80 metres. C20 gateway near W end of N wall, blocked gateway near W end of S wall. One square pier in S wall. The N and E walls are C17 to a height of approx. 1.5 metres, raised to approx. 3 metres in C18. The S wall is mainly C18, height approx. 3.5 metres. 3 bee boles in the N wall, one in the E wall, 3 in the S wall, facing inwards, all with arched heads, of various sizes and heights above ground, blocked. A house called Hatfield Priory was built against the W wall of the church soon after the Dissolution, and demolished c.1770. The older parts of the wall enclosed its east garden. Shown in estate map by Richard Woods, 1765, in Essex Record Office. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: TL7973410982

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 79734 10982

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123427 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 05:13:44.

End of official listing