LITTLE CRIX

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1123429

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: LITTLE CRIX, LONDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE CRIX
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123429 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 00:12:52.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE CRIX, LONDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Hatfield Peverel

National Grid Reference: TL 77963 11307

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 71 SE HATFIELD PEVEREL LONDON ROAD (south side)

5/62 Little Crix

- II

House. C.1600, altered in C20. Timber framed, partly plastered, partly faced with painted brick in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 4 bays facing W with C18 axial stack one bay from right end. C20 parallel range to rear. 2 lean-to extensions with slate roofs extending at right angles to rear. 2 storeys. Ground floor, 2 early C20 bays, 3 C20 casements. First floor, one early C19 sash of 9 lights, 3 C20 sashes. Roofs hipped at left end, gabled at right. In left return, one early C19 sash of 12 lights on ground floor, and one of 9 lights on first floor. Chamfered axial beams. On first floor, Art Nouveau fireplace of carved wood and cast iron installed at time of major alterations in 1906. Roof destroyed by fire except close-studded gable at right end, charred but intact. It is likely that the original stack was in the second bay from the left end, forming a lobby-entrance, removed in the C18 to form an entrance hall. RCHM 4.

Listing NGR: TL7796311307

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115403

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing