THE GREAT BARDFIELD CAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1123505

Date first listed: 17-May-1985

Statutory Address: THE GREAT BARDFIELD CAGE, BRIDGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GREAT BARDFIELD CAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123505 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 05:09:29.

Location

Statutory Address: THE GREAT BARDFIELD CAGE, BRIDGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Great Bardfield

National Grid Reference: TL 67588 30674

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 6730 GREAT BARDFIELD BRIDGE STREET (west side)

8/140 The Great Bardfield Cage

GV II

Lock-up. Early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, with some blue headers, and flint rubble. Gables weatherboarded. Roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Rectangular plan. 2 cells. E elevation, one window with external wooden shutter, heavy oak door with iron studs picking out the date 1816, a small barred window, and long hasped hinges. Inside this is a second door pierced with 10 holes, not coinciding with the window of the outer door, and bolts. On the S side there is a simple wooden door to the other cell. Roof rebuilt. Built 1816 in the context of the Six Acts, reported to have been last used in 1925.

Listing NGR: TL6758830674

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115279

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing