WOOLSINGTON HALL AND WALL ATTACHED TO NORTH WEST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1123737
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
WOOLSINGTON HALL AND WALL ATTACHED TO NORTH WEST, A696(T)

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOOLSINGTON HALL AND WALL ATTACHED TO NORTH WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123737 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 10:59:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOOLSINGTON HALL AND WALL ATTACHED TO NORTH WEST, A696(T)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Newcastle upon Tyne (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Woolsington
National Grid Reference:
NZ 19945 70831

Details

NZ 17 SE WOOLSINGTON A.696(T) (east side, off) 3/61 Woolsington Hall and wall 27 August 1952 attached to north west. G.V. II* House. Third quarter C17 with late C18 and early C19 wings. Rendered with painted ashlar dressings and quoins; graduated Lakeland slate roof with stone gable copings; 2 storeys, 3 bays and l-bay wings. 5 wide square steps to central renewed door in broad roll-moulded surround; similar surrounds under shell-patterned segmental pediments, to 2-light window above door and 3-light windows in outer bays. Mullions and transoms of wood on ground floor and ovolo-moulded stone on first floor, with linking drip string. Quoined angle pilasters have ball finials; coped parapet. Urn finials above flush quoins on blank wings with coped parapets. Steeply-pitched double-span roof has 2 valley and 2 end chimneys; flat roofs to wings. Rear has central first floor Venetian window with broad glazing bars; cross windows above and at right, the latter blind. Wall attached: about 8 metres long. Coursed squared sandstone with flat coping; tile course running through on garden side.

Listing NGR: NZ1994570831

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
304982
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].