This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CREEKSEA PLACE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CREEKSEA PLACE

List entry Number: 1123776

Location

CREEKSEA PLACE, FERRY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Burnham-on-Crouch

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 10-Nov-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jan-1975

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 116583

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FERRY ROAD 1. CREEKSEA 5217 Creeksea Place (Formerly listed under Creeksea) TQ 99 NW 2/26 10.11.51

II*

2. Part of a large C16 red brick house standing in a park of about 30 acres. The original building was completed in 1569 (The date on an original rain water head in the north wing). It comprised 3 or 4 ranges with a courtyard. The south range was destroyed in 1740 and only the east and north wings now remain. The east wing was built in the C19 on the foundations of the old structure. There are a number of original features in the north range, windows, chimneystacks and an original staircase on the south side. The main block is 2 storeys and a subsidiary range of 1 storey and attics extends to the west. The windows are brick mullioned and transomed and mullioned, with lattice leaded lights. The roof of the lower block is tiled, with 4 gabled dormers. The interior has a number of original features.

Listing NGR: TQ9344996163

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 93449 96163

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123776 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 05:05:41.

End of official listing