TANNERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1123796

Date first listed: 25-Jun-1974

Statutory Address: TANNERS, HIGHFIELDS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TANNERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123796 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 08:01:16.

Location

Statutory Address: TANNERS, HIGHFIELDS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Kelvedon

National Grid Reference: TL 86247 18056

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 8618-8718 10/231

KELVEDON, HIGHFIELDS LANE (north-east side), Tanners

25.6.74

GV II

Pair of attached cottages, now one house. C18, altered and extended in C20. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red plain tiles. 5 bays facing SW with central stack. Rear lean-to extensions. Large extension to left in the form of a crosswing, connected to the main house by a narrower link, 1986. One storey with attics. 4 C20 casements and 4 more in gabled dormers. Plain boarded door in C20 timber framed and gabled porch. Half-hipped gambrel roof. 2 wood-burning hearths. Thin studding with primary straight bracing exposed internally. Thin joists of vertical section. Internal partitions removed, leaving empty mortices without peg-holes. Shown on First Edition 25" O.S. map of 1875 as an ancillary building of Tan Office, which was demolished before the Second Edition of 1895.

Listing NGR: TL8624718056

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 116528

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing