This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

W E COLE AND HAIRDRESSING BY ERIC

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: W E COLE AND HAIRDRESSING BY ERIC

List entry Number: 1124076

Location

W E COLE AND HAIRDRESSING BY ERIC, 191 to 195, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ongar

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Apr-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 117824

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5503 ONGAR HIGH STREET (W side) 8/109 Nos 191 to 95 (odd) 27.8.52 (W.E. Cole and Hairdressing by Eric) (formerly listed as Trust Houses)

GV II Shops, originally dwellings with rear wings Cl7. Timber framed, part weatherboard, part rough rendered. Red plain tiled roof. 2 storeys. 5 window range of C17/18 iron. 3 light, leaded casement windows. Ground floor with 2 half glazed doors, 4 small paned shop windows, and one iron 3 light, leaded casement. The doors have small slanting canopies with brackets and the 3 windows to the left on ground floor have pentice boards. Moulded bands below eaves. Some C17/18 windows to rear and return walls. A plaque relates "Joseph King decd. 28/2/1679 left this row of properties (including Nos. 199-205) in Trust, to provide, out of the rents, the Schooling for the poor children of this Parish. The Trustees continue to use the income for Educational purposes."

Listing NGR: TL5524703078

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 55247 03078

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124076 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 03:09:26.

End of official listing