This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

26, REGENTS BRIDGE GARDENS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 26, REGENTS BRIDGE GARDENS

List entry Number: 1124180

Location

26, REGENTS BRIDGE GARDENS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jul-1977

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Nov-1999

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 204628

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 3077 REGENTS BRIDGE GARDENS

963/7/848 No.26

29-JUL-1977 II

Former lodge now house and offices. Circa 1810, formerly lodge to Beaufoy Vinegar works. Rusticated limestone, stock brick, flat roof. Single storey. Three bay loggia on cast iron columns, matched by stone pilasters against the main building. Over former entrance front, stone arms of Beaufoy family. Plain frieze with stone wreath over each column. Moulded doorcase and flanking window under loggia. Replaced glazed door, horned sash. Return has inserted doorway in former moulded window opening. Round arched entrance with embelished keystone, moulded impost band. Six- panelled door with round arched head. Wrought iron lampholder to roof. Two bay single storey brick wing to right, restored, 1980's.

Cherry and Pevsner, London 2: South, 1983, p.370 Survey of London, Vol XXVI, pt. II, 1956, p. 69.



Listing NGR: TQ3037077464

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Cherry, B, Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: London 2: South, (1994), 370
'Survey of London' in The Parish of St Mary Lambeth Part 2 Southern Area: Volume 26, (1956), 69

National Grid Reference: TQ 30370 77464

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124180 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 09:29:49.

End of official listing