SOUTH SIDE (OLD RECTORY) THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1124194

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: SOUTH SIDE (OLD RECTORY), LONDON ROAD

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, LONDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH SIDE (OLD RECTORY)
THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124194 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 16:32:53.

Location

Statutory Address: SOUTH SIDE (OLD RECTORY), LONDON ROAD

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, LONDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Aston Clinton

National Grid Reference: SP 88624 11815

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 81 SE ASTON CLINTON LONDON ROAD south side

5/23 The Old Rectory and South 11.3.85 Side (Old Rectory)

- - II

Former Rectory now two dwellings. 1850 by E.B. Lamb. Tudor style, red brick with blue headers, stone dressings and quoins. Old tiled roof, tall brick chimneys with cogged string courses and corbelled heads. Steep gables with cogged brick verges, kneelers of brick on deep stone corbels. Small gabled dormer to centre of E. front 2 storeys and attic, plinth, first floor cogged brick string. Stone mullioned windows, transomed to ground and 1st floor, with diamond leaded glazing, large panes to ground floor windows of S. wing E. front has flanking gabled projections, gabled porch to LH of centre, with cogged brick verge and tile hung apex, 5 centred stone arch, similar inner arch with half glazed oak door. Early C20 bay window to LH of ground floor, stair window and 2-light window to 1st floor. 2 light attic window. Centre bay has 2-light window to each floor on RH, of porch. RH wing has stone tablet to ground floor with Latin inscription including date 1850 "Edwardus Buckton Lamb Architectus" 3 light 1st floor window, 2 light attic window. S. front has central gable with 2 light attic window, 2 light 1st floor window, 3 light window to LH of ground floor bay window to RH with hipped roof, 4 light window and narrow door with shouldered lintel and window over to W. return. W.front has gable of S. wing on LH, with 2-light attic window, 3 light window to 1st and ground floor. 2-light stair window to RH breaking string course. Modern french doors to ground floor, four 2-light windows to RH, 4 light window to centre of 1st floor, two 2-light windows to RH, gable in centre with 3 light attic window housing the central light stepped up. Lower service wing at North end, altered. Interior Ground floor rooms in S. wing have original panelled doors and hinges, and two white marble chimneypieces in with Tudor arches.

Listing NGR: SP8862411815

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 42591

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing