This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1124206

Location

CHURCH FARMHOUSE, BUCKLAND VILLAGE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Buckland

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42621

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 81 SE BUCKLAND BUCKLAND VILLAGE east side

5/54 Church Farmhouse

25.10.51 II

House. C17 with possibly earlier wing, extended C18 and altered. Timber framed with old thin brick infill, rendered and painted to south elevation. Old tiled roofs, partly hipped. North wing has two large C17 brick chimney stacks with moulded brick cornices and pairs of diagonal shafts. 2-storeys. L-plan. North wing is C17; south elevation has 3 bays of C20 wood casements and central glazed door opposite LH stack. Lower roofed addition on LH side, C20 projecting chimney to west gable. North elevation has gabled staircase wing with 2-light leaded casement; 1-storey lean-to outshot to RH, gable to East wing to LH. East wing has 3 northern bays timber framed, possibly C16, south bay (former dairy) C18 brick. West elevation rendered and painted. C20 wood casements, enclosed hipped roofed porch to RH of east elevation, and chimney to south gable. Interior: East wing has two trusses which may have been open with roughtly cambered tiebeams and curved arch braces. North wing has ovolo moulded spine beam in central room between the two chimney stacks. RCHM I D. 68. MON.3.

Listing NGR: SP8873812466

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

National Grid Reference: SP 88738 12466

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124206 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 09:49:31.

End of official listing