HALL PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1124518
Date first listed:
19-May-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Apr-1985
Statutory Address:
HALL PLACE, WYCOMBE END

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALL PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124518 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2019 at 16:38:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
HALL PLACE, WYCOMBE END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
South Bucks (District Authority)
Parish:
Beaconsfield
National Grid Reference:
SU 94412 90039

Details

SU 9490 SW BEACONSFIELD WYCOMBE END (south side) 12/171 Hall Place (formerly listed as The Rectory) 19.5.50

- II*

C18. Red brick; old tile roof with chimney banks on side walls. Two storeys and attic. Heavy moulded eaves cornice. Five dormers with hipped tile roofs. Window range of 5 sashes with flat decorated heads and glazing bars. Ground floor with 4 similar sashes and a central enclosed porch with Doric pilasters, triglyph frieze and pediment. Interior with contemporary panelling and staircase and, on the ground floor, one front room with a mid C18 wooden fireplace, one rear room with C17 panelling and another rear room with a mid C18 grate with marble fireplace and pedimented overmantel and, on the first floor, one front room with C17 panelling and a C17 wooden overmantel with Ionic pilasters and one back room with C16 linenfold panelling and a C17 wooden overmantel with Doric pilasters. C19 wing on right hand. Red brick; old tile roof. Two corbelled courses at eaves. Two storeys. First floor with 2 sashes. Three brick stringcourse at first floor level. Ground floor with a modern door and a sash. RCHM I, p

Listing NGR: SU9441290039

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
43797
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].