LITTLE HALL BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1124552

Date first listed: 19-May-1950

Statutory Address: LITTLE HALL BARN, WINDSOR END

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE HALL BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 10:08:55.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE HALL BARN, WINDSOR END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Beaconsfield

National Grid Reference: SU 94582 89825

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 9489 NE BEACONSFIELD WINDSOR END (west side) 14/147 Little Hall Barn 19.5.50

GV II

Late C17/early C18. Purple brick with red brick dressings; hand made tile roof; coved eaves cornice. Plastered stringcourse at first floor level. Two storeys and attic. Three gabled dormers. First floor with 5 narrow sashes. Ground floor with later central porch with Tuscan columns, entablature and pediment and, each side, 2 wider sashes. Side wings of one storey with later bay windows. At the rear a range of outbuildings and stables facing Windsor End. Also, a timber-framed wing much altered in C18 perhaps for an orangery. Brick front with Ionic pilasters and columned portico. Windows with Gothic tracery. Right hand return of flint. William Hickey, diarist (1749-1830) lived here.

Listing NGR: SU9458289825

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 43776

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing