CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1124772

Date first listed: 22-Dec-1958

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124772 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 09:16:22.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Chiltern (District Authority)

Parish: Latimer

National Grid Reference: TQ 00075 98881

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 00 98 9/97

LATIMER, LATIMER VILLAGE Church of St Mary Magdalene

22.12.58

II

Circa 1841 by E Blore. Enlarged and altered by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1867, adding further bay to nave, north and south transepts, chancel apse, vestry and organ chamber. Red brick, slate roofs, some stone dressings. East apse in Early English style with blind arcade pierced for 3 lancets. Nave with lancets, bays separated by shallow stepped buttresses. North transept and vestry. South transept and octagonal turret with spirelet. Interior: chancel arch and apse arch with naturalistic foliage. Alabaster altar surround. Canted wooden roof on corbels with wild flower carving. Stained glass by Clayton and Bell (apse), Powell and Sons of Whitefriars (nave north side) all of 1873, and Kempe, circa 1892, in south transept. Monument of 1632 and 1706.

Listing NGR: TQ0007598881

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44953

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing