CHENIES CHAPEL (BAPTIST)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1124803

Date first listed: 30-Jul-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Nov-1992

Statutory Address: CHENIES CHAPEL (BAPTIST)

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHENIES CHAPEL (BAPTIST)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124803 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 12:29:35.

Location

Statutory Address: CHENIES CHAPEL (BAPTIST)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Chiltern (District Authority)

Parish: Chenies

National Grid Reference: TQ 02110 98135

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry fro: CHENIES CHENIES VILLAGE TQ 09 NW (east side) 4/75 Chenies Chapel (Baptist) GV II

The building shall be upgraded to II* (star)

------------------------------------ CHENIES CHENIES VILLAGE TQ 09 NW 4/75 (east side) Chenies Chapel (Baptist) GV II Built 1773-1778, enlarged to present front 1799. Rear additions C19. Brick chapel with hipped slate roof. Side elevations with 2 stages of segmental arched windows. Front of 3 bays, round arched windows on 2 storeys, central door with porch of 1838 and round arched doorway. At sides front bay 1799, 2 bays beyond 1770s. Vestry at rear. Interior: Gallery on 3 sides with fielded panelled front on turned wood columns, 2 cast iron ones added 1929. In vestry early C19 wall benches. King post roof trusses. Dated 1779 on front of gallery and 1799 on wall of south bay.

Listing NGR: TQ0211098135

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44821

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing