NEWHOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1124831
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1984
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Apr-1986
Statutory Address:
NEWHOUSE FARMHOUSE, FARM LANE (OFF BURTONS LANE)

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEWHOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124831 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 09:06:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
NEWHOUSE FARMHOUSE, FARM LANE (OFF BURTONS LANE)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
Chiltern (District Authority)
Parish:
Chenies
National Grid Reference:
TQ 01347 96151

Details

In the entry for CHALFONT ST PETER FARM LANE 4/34 (off Burtons Lane)

Newhouse Farmhouse

The item shall be amended to read CHALFONT ST PETER FARM ROAD (off Burtons Lane)

Newhouse Farmhouse

------------------------------------

TQ 09 NW CHALFONT ST PETER FARM LANE 4/34 (off Burtons Lane)

Newhouse Farmhouse

II

Dated 1672. Two bay, 2 storey farmhouse. Red brick. Central door behind C19 gabled porch. C19 mullioned and transomed 2-light casements. Flat gauged arches. Band course. Moulded plinth. Old tile roof. Central brick stack with carved brick date panel '1672'. North wing C17 and C18. Interior: back to back stack with chamfered brick jambs and four-centred arch to fireplaces. Early C18 closed string staircase with dumb-bell balusters in first rear bay. Timber-framed partition between bays one and two of 3 bay north wing.

Listing NGR: TQ0134796151

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
44780
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/04764/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Ling. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].