PEDNOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1124904
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
PEDNOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PEDNOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124904 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 04:56:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
PEDNOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
Chiltern (District Authority)
Parish:
Chartridge
National Grid Reference:
SP 92533 02706

Details

SP 90 SW CHARTRIDGE PEDNOR

5/49 Pednor House

-

GV II

Formerly Little Pednor a farmhouse enlarged and the barn and outbuildings converted to a large house c.1910, architect Forbes and Tate. Original house c17 timber framed refronted in brick C18, greatly enlarged c1910. Brick with moulded brick window surrounds, mullions and transomes, quoins and other features. Clay tiled hipped roofs. Two storeys. North elevation faces courtyard. Original house in centre with 2-storey projection of 1910 with 5-light window; domed cupola on ridge. All windows with metal casements and leaded glazing. Two original windows on left, one on right. To right additions of c1910 of 2 bays and another projecting bay with garage to ground floor, 6-light window above. Right hand wing a separate cottage formed from farm buildings. One storey, roof at two different levels. 2 chimneys, 1 door, 6 irreg- ular windows, 2 windows to gable, flank wall attached with arched gateway. Left hand wing: 2-storey projecting corner block with large mullioned and transomed window in flank wall, projecting eaves. Linked to converted barn probably C18, timber framed with c1910 brick infill. Gabled former cart entry projection in centre with oak doors, old beam reset above with 4-light window over. Low outshots each side under continuation of main roof, 2 windows on right, 1 window on left. One 2- light hipped dormer on right. Gable end to road has two 2-light windows to ground floor, 2 single-light windows above - Rear elevation (to garden) has two former cart entries now filled by 6-light mullion and transome windows, under projecting roof supported on half curved tiled crobels. 4-light hipped dormer on left. Garden elevation of house: Long continuous frontage, with original house left of centre Gatehouse feature right of centre with octagonal turret with stone spire and stone 'Tudor" arched gateway is an alteration probably of the 1920's.



Listing NGR: SP9253302706

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
44649
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16071/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Kathryn Collinson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].