LIME FARM COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1124924

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1990

Statutory Address: LIME FARM COTTAGE, A413

Map

Ordnance survey map of LIME FARM COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124924 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:33:00.

Location

Statutory Address: LIME FARM COTTAGE, A413

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Chiltern (District Authority)

Parish: Little Missenden

National Grid Reference: SU 92933 99024

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:

LITTLE MISSENDEN A413 SU 99 NW (north side) 3/41 Lime Farm Cottage II House. 1811-12 with slightly later extension; late C19 addition; C20 altera- tions. Flint with quoined brick dressings; late C19 addition of brick in Flemish bond; plain tile roofs; corniced brick stacks. Originally L-shaped with slightly later addition filling angle and forming square plan. 2 storeys, with attic to front range; 2 bays; late C19 side-outshut on right; and added rear outshuts. Chamfered brick plinth. C20 half-glazed door to right of centre flanked on each floor by C20 wooden cross windows; the ground floor windows with lowered heads; 2-span; roof, hipped and with stack to left side, on right in valley, and at rear right side. Board door to outshut. Rear: straight joint indicates infill addition which has canted bay with small-pane first floor window (lower part of which is a casement). Right bay has ground floor masked by later outshuts with Welsh slate roofs; first floor window as front. Left return: narrow original stair window to left of centre; half-gable, in brick, over front range adjoining stack. Interior: on grounds floor, reused C18 doors with raised and fielded panels, one set in surround of reused C18 moulded panelling - other reused panelling over doors. Dog-leg open string stair, the newels with polygonal finials (cut into). On first floor, board doors; small wall cupboard next to fireplace in rear right room. Attic has old floor boards. Evidence from the Land Tax Returns and the Estate Accounts indicate that the house was built 1811-12, while the 1834 Tithe Map shows its square plan. Originally there was a larger house almost attached to the north-west corner (this has now gone but its footings remain).

Listing NGR: SU9292999023

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44599

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing