FORMER BARCLAYS BANK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1124998

Date first listed: 03-May-1989

Statutory Address: FORMER BARCLAYS BANK, PARKHORSE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER BARCLAYS BANK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124998 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 23:04:19.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER BARCLAYS BANK, PARKHORSE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Gerrards Cross

National Grid Reference: TQ 00435 88827

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The frollowing building shall be added;

GERRARDS CROSS PACKHORSE ROAD TQ 08 NW 5/508 Former Barclays Bank II Bank. 1911-12, by Edgington and Spink. English bond brick with stone dressings; slate mansard roof; brick ridge stacks with moulded stone cornices. Double - depth plan. Wrenaissance style. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 3 - window range. Finely - carved pedimented stone doorway, with flaming urn set in tympanum of swan-necked open pediment over fluted Corinthian pilasters framing panelled double doors. 12 - pane sashes set in gauged red brick square - headed architraves with finely - carved keystones to ground floor and cut brick aprons to first floor. Rusticated quoin strips; dentilled wood cornice; oedimented dormers. Similar 3 - bay side elevations, with rear bay to right having fine brick swag over round window above sash window framed by rusticated pilaster and quoin strips. Two-storey extension of 1930s and one-storey extension of 1958, in similar style to rear. Interior: banking hall has panelled dado with dentilled cornice, and arched doorways to stair - hall at rear (not inspected).

Listing NGR: TQ0043588827

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44366

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing