THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE AND THE OLD SCHOOL COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125027

Date first listed: 20-Aug-1979

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE AND THE OLD SCHOOL COTTAGE, GEORGE GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE AND THE OLD SCHOOL COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125027 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 07:37:20.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE AND THE OLD SCHOOL COTTAGE, GEORGE GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Wexham

National Grid Reference: TQ 00243 81113

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 08 SW WEXHAM GEORGE GREEN ROAD

9/728 The Old School House and The Old School Cottage 20.8.79 - II

Dated 1859. Originally a school and school master's house now 2 houses. Irregular composition approximately T-shaped with the long arm on the left the former school and the top bar on the right the former master's house. Stock brick; fishscale modern tile roof. Left hand part with low gabled projection on the left, then a gabled window rising into the roof and then a dormer window in the roof. Between this and the gabled end of the former master's house, a big open timber-framed porch with board entrance door with wrought iron hinges and furnishings. Ground floor of house with canted bay window with fishscale tiled roof. First floor with a four-centred arched casement window and, above that, a plaque with crest, lion passant and shield, and the date 1859. All win- dows with glazing bars; all gables bargeboarded.

Listing NGR: TQ0024381113

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44327

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing