STABLE BUILDINGS AT CLIVEDEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1125043

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: STABLE BUILDINGS AT CLIVEDEN, CLIVEDEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BUILDINGS AT CLIVEDEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125043 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:10:08.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BUILDINGS AT CLIVEDEN, CLIVEDEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Taplow

National Grid Reference: SU 90967 85266

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 98 NW TAPLOW CLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden)

3/660 Sable buildings at Cliveden (formerly listed 23.9.55 as Cliveden, together with terrace wall, octagonal temple, Blenheim Pavilion arid balustrade from Villa Borghese)

GV II*

1861, by Henry Clutton (1819-93). Heavy cement rendering; slate-hipped roofs with elaborate finials. Moulded cornice and string courses. Upper windows break into roof and have heavy surrounds with curved pediments supported on side consoles. Ground floor with carriage andgarage entrance doors. Above the yard rises very large square clock tower with 4 balustraded balconies below the 4 clock faces. Clocks in elaborate bronze surrounds. Italianate turret on top. To left and right of tower an open loggia with iron screens.

Listing NGR: SU9096785266

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44258

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 4 Buckinghamshire,

End of official listing