CHURCH OF ST GILES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1125221

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GILES, WHADDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GILES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125221 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 04:30:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GILES, WHADDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Milton Keynes (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shenley Brook End

National Grid Reference: SP8290833951

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 83 SW SHENLEY BROOK END WHADDON ROAD, TATTENHOE south side

5/100 Church of St. Giles, Tattenhoe (formerly listed 19.8.59 under Tattenhoe parish in Winslow Rural District)

II*

Parish Church. Probably C16 built from older material. Rubble stone, with diagonal stone buttresses at W. end, brick buttresses along S. side and at E. end of N. side. Old tile roof with small weatherboarded and louvred tiled gabled bellcote. A small building of rectangular plan. 3 fight stone mullioned windows with square heads hoodmoulds and cusped lights. Arched head to chancel S. window. Interior has C19 panelled box pews and pulpit and small C18 font of unusual design, small bowl with large egg and dart decoration supported on short C13 reused stone shafts. RCHM II p.294. MON.1.

Listing NGR: SP8290833951

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 45886

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

End of official listing