This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LINFORD MANOR

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LINFORD MANOR

List entry Number: 1125276

Location

LINFORD MANOR, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Milton Keynes

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Great Linford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 45821

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

P 84 SW GREAT LINFORD HIGH STREET north end

2/33 Linford Manor

3.3.52

GV II*

Country House now used as Arts Centre. c1720 remodelling of house of c1680 with later C18 S. wing. Dressed stone with slate roof, flanking chimneys, stone coped gables and moulded stone cornice. 3 storeys and cellar to main block, wings 2 storeys. West front has 5 bays, sash windows in architrave frames and central 6 panelled door with stone doorcase of fluted Corinthian pilasters, sections of entablature and broken segmental pediment with central coat of arms, approached by 3 moulded stone steps. 2-storey wings each side. Each wing has 2 bays of sash windows, LH wing has central door. East front 2 storeys with central stone pedimented door and tall semicircular arched stint window above, 2 sash windows each side, lower flanking wings each have 2 tall sashes. Interior staircase, panelling and chimneypieces of c1720 in main part of house. S. wing has ballroom of c1755 with enriched cornice and coved ceiling with plaster decoration, chimneypiece with elaborately carved overmantel framing portrait, and pedimented doorcase with carved frieze and console brackets. History: The house of c1680 built for Sir William Pritchard, a City merchant; remodelled by his great nephew Thomas Uthwatt c.1720. Ballroom added by his nephew Henry.

Listing NGR: SP8524042272

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 85240 42272

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 02:40:58.

End of official listing