LONGUEVILLE COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125322

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 28-Oct-1976

Statutory Address: LONGUEVILLE COURT, OLD WOLVERTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONGUEVILLE COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125322 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 12:56:15.

Location

Statutory Address: LONGUEVILLE COURT, OLD WOLVERTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Milton Keynes (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wolverton and Greenleys

National Grid Reference: SP 80347 41248

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5135 OLD WOLVERTON ROAD Old Wolverton Longueville Court (formerly listed as The Rectory) SP 8041 2/10 12.6.53.

II

2. Circa 1729. 2 storey limestone house, ashlar with hipped slate roofs of 2 slopes with stone based chimneys at gable ends. 5 windows, glazing bar sashes, with wide moulded cases flush with the face, stone lintel with keystone, plinth and band at 1st floor level. Central entrance has early C17 stone doorcase salvaged from Wolverton Manor, demolished 1725. Semi-circular headed doorway flanked by 2 reeded Corinthian columns supporting large broken pediment with the arms of the Longuevilles in tympanum and with strapwork on soffit of lintel. In the centre above the platband and on both sides of the pediment is a section of Doric order frieze. A late canted bay window of 3 lights to right of the doorway. Lower 2 storey wing to south in rubble. 3 light sashes to right with glazing bars and keystones, single light sash with glazing bars and keystone to left. Brick porch and steps to entrance at rear in courtyard containing a pump. Interior said to contain a C17 pedimented doorway from the old Manor, which has the Longueville crest in the pediment and grotesques in the spandrels. Also a section of C12 dogtooth from the original Church (qv) (R.C.H.M.).

Listing NGR: SP8034741248

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 45629

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

End of official listing