THE OLD SCHOOL THE OLD SCHOOL WEST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125561

Date first listed: 29-Oct-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL WEST, SCHOOL LANE

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL
THE OLD SCHOOL WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125561 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 17:30:19.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL WEST, SCHOOL LANE

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Medmenham

National Grid Reference: SU 80790 84873

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MEDMENHAM SCHOOL LANE SU 88 SW 8/156 The Old School West and The Old School (formerly listed as Medmenham Church of England Primary School) 29.10.76 GV II Former school, now 2 houses. Dated 1899 on plaque. By Romaine Walker for Mr. Robert Hudson of Medmenham Abbey and Danesfield. Dressed chalk block with sand-stone dressings, plain tile roofs, and stone coped gables with moulded kneelers. U-plan with taller central wing, gabled flanking wings and angle lobbies. One storey. Central range has row of 10 almost continuous cross windows with leaded glazing, and central chimney with inscription tablet, arched hood over belfry, and brick shaft. Shaft has 'V' pilasters and off-set head. Another similar shaft to rear left. Side wings have paired cross casements in gables, the left windows altered with raised central lights. Angle lobbies have parapets, 2-light windows to front, and panelled doors in 4-centred arches with carved spandrels. (Country Life, 22nd September 1900).

Listing NGR: SU8079084873

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47039

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 22 September, (1900)

End of official listing