OLD BARTONS THE RANDOLPH'S UPSTEPS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125567

Date first listed: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: OLD BARTONS, FERRY LANE

Statutory Address: THE RANDOLPH'S, FERRY LANE

Statutory Address: UPSTEPS, FERRY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD BARTONS
THE RANDOLPH'S
UPSTEPS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125567 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 14:08:17.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD BARTONS, FERRY LANE

Statutory Address: THE RANDOLPH'S, FERRY LANE

Statutory Address: UPSTEPS, FERRY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Wooburn

National Grid Reference: SU 89656 86392

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOBURN FERRY LANE SU 88 NE (BOURNE END) 5/170 The Randolph's, Upsteps and Old Bartons - - II Two houses and flat. C16-early C17, refronted C19, altered and extended C20. Some timber framing with brick infill, part whitewashed, exposed in right gable and rear wing. Front rebuilt in brick, the right bay whitewashed. Dentil eaves. Tiled roof, the left bay hipped and with old tiles. C16-C17 brick chimney with 'V' pilaster to rear of right bay; rebuilt brick chimney to left. L-plan, with c.1950 extension in angle to rear of right bay, and other smaller C20 extensions to rear and left. 2 storeys, 2 original bays to front. Ground floor has C20 rectangular bay windows with leaded lights and half-timbered gables, the right window with flanking single lights. First floor has C20 aluminium window with top-light to right. C20 brick extension to left with leaded glazing to first floor bay window. Entries in extensions to rear wing. Right gable has C20 steps up to first floor entry. Another entry in c.1950 whitewashed brick wing with gable. Interior: some timber framing with curved braces in first floor walls; heavy floor timbers, the right bay with moulded spine beam; stone fireplace with moulded 4-centred arch and carved spandrels in ground floor left room.

Listing NGR: SU8965686392

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47053

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing