THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125587

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, FERRY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125587 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 11:07:04.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, FERRY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Medmenham

National Grid Reference: SU 80537 84354

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MEDMENHAM FERRY LANE SU 88 SW (east side) 8/117 The Old Vicarage (formerly listed as The Vicarage) 21.6.55 GV II Former vicarage, now house. Probably early C18, much altered and extended c.1860 and C20. Original core of 3 centre bays is roughcast and colourwashed with hipped roof; remainder colourwashed brick; plain tile roofs; colourwashed brick and rendered chimneys, one to rear with grouped shafts. Front has flat wooden eaves on paired brackets, probably renewed Cl9-C20. 2 storeys. 3-bay double pile core with late C19 cross windows to first floor and entry in flat- roofed glazed verandah extension of 1905 to ground floor. Narrow C19 extension set back to left. Another C19 extension to right with large oriel window in gabled bay with bargeboards. Irregular gables to rear with sash windows, the narrow staircase bay with 2 arched sashes in Gothick style. Interior much altered, with arched passage cut through central stack. Said to contain remains of medieval building, but any evidence is well concealed.

Listing NGR: SU8053784354

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47000

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing