KINGSWOOD LITTLE KINGSWOOD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125592

Date first listed: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: KINGSWOOD, HENLEY ROAD

Statutory Address: LITTLE KINGSWOOD, HENLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of KINGSWOOD
LITTLE KINGSWOOD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125592 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 03:17:25.

Location

Statutory Address: KINGSWOOD, HENLEY ROAD

Statutory Address: LITTLE KINGSWOOD, HENLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Medmenham

National Grid Reference: SU 81547 85025

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MEDMENHAM HENLEY ROAD SU 88 NW (north side) 4/134 Kingswood and Little Kingswood - - II Two houses, built as house for Mr. Hudson's agent. Circa 1897-1900, slightly altered and extended later C20. By Romaine Walker. Dressed chalk with stone mullion windows, upper storey on garden side roughcast and whitewashed with wooden mullion and transom windows. Plain tile roof, brick chimneys with 'V' pilasters and off-set heads. 2 storeys and attic, the upper storey on garden side jettied with wooden bressumer on curved wooden brackets. Approximately 6 bays of irregular leaded casements, those to ground floor left and to first floor with blind boxes. 2 later C20 flat-roofed dormers in outer bays. 2 centre bays have deeper projection to first floor with elaborately cusped wooden bargeboards to 'M' gable. This projection was formerly an arcaded balcony but has been altered mid C20 with leaded glazing and central extension on posts. Board door below in moulded and stopped 4-centred stone arch. Lower bay set back to left with half-hipped roof and later half-timbered extension. 1923 2-bay extension to right, of whitewashed roughcast with stone mullion and transom bow window to gabled right bay. Rear has flanking gabled bays with bargeboards and finials, and bridge to central first floor porch. Porch has coped gable with moulded kneelers, door in 4-centred stone arch with Tudor hoodmould and lozenge panel above. Interior: small first floor hall in late medieval style, with moulded panelling, coved wooden canopy over 4-centred stone fireplace, and arch-braced roof trusses with ornamental richly moulded wooden surround and good local tiles. (Country Life, 1900 p. 204).

Listing NGR: SU8154785025

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47017

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in Country Life, (1900), 204

End of official listing