This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

List entry Number: 1125603

Location

CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hedsor

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 46938

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HEDSOR SU 98 NW Church of St. Nicholas 6/54 21.6.55 - II Parish church. Medieval nave and chancel, partly rebuilt C16-C17 and heavily restored 1886; N. aisle, W. porch, organ chamber, vestry and belfry added 1862; S. transept added 1886. Knapped flint and chalk, the nave with tile quoins, remainder with stone dressings. Plain tile roof, roughcast belfry. Windows mostly C19 with trefoil-headed lights in rectangular stone surrounds. Nave has buttresses and 2-light louvred window at W. end, 2 2-light windows to S., and small transpect projecting from centre of S. side. Short belfry with narrow louvred openings to N. and S., pyramid roof and wrought iron weather vane. N. aisle has single and 2-light windows, N. door in 2-centred arch, and gabled porch with arched door at W. end. Hipped vestry and organ chamber to N. of chancel, with small gable to E. Chancel has 2 smallcusped lancets, possibly C15, to S., and C19 3-light E. window with reticulated tracery. Various C18 and C19 memorial tablets and one stone coffin lid are attached to walls.

Listing NGR: SU9072186225

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 90721 86225

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125603 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 07:42:31.

End of official listing