THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125612

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125612 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 01:16:36.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Little Marlow

National Grid Reference: SU 87505 87882

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE MARLOW CHURCH ROAD SU 88 NE The Old Vicarage 5/77 (formerly listed as Vicarage) 21.6.55 - II House, formerly vicarage. Circa 1770 with late C19 extensions to rear. For Rev. Price, incumbent 1763-1776 (T. Langley, Hundred of Desborough, 1797). Red brick with incised line pointing, narrow dentil eaves, hipped old tile roof, brick chimneys with off-set heads. C19 brick chimney to right with pilasters and strings. 2 storeys and cellars, 3 bays. Tripartite sashes with glazing bars and gauged heads. 2 blocked cellar openings with segmental heads. Central door with 6 octagonal moulded panels, moulded wooden architrave surround, and wooden cornice on shaped scroll brackets with guttae. Right end, to road, has C20 paired metal casement to ground floor left, 2 C19 sashes to first floor, and small C20 flat-roofed single-storey extension. C19 rear extension is of brick with 2 storeys and 2 bays of paired sashes to garden. Semi-octagonal staircase projection to centre rear of original wing in angle with C19 block.

Listing NGR: SU8750587882

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46961

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Langley, T , History of the Hundred of Desborough, (1797)

End of official listing