CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125628

Date first listed: 08-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125628 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 04:19:36.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Chepping Wycombe

National Grid Reference: SU 90345 93753

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHEPPING WYCOMBE CHURCH ROAD SU 99 SW (TYLERS GREEN) 3/8 Church of St. Margaret - GV II Parish church. 1854, by David Brandon. Chancel altered and extended to E. 1932; N. vestries added 1922; bell tower 1889. Flint with Bath stone dressings and plain tile roofs. Nave, S. porch, chancel, vestries and bell-tower. Coped gables, off-set buttresses. W. end of nave has 2-light window with plate tracery and narrow shafts, stepped string course, and gabled bell-cote. 5 bays of lancet windows with carved foliage hoodmould stops to N. and S. Gabled S. porch with double chamfered arch and carved head hoodmould stops. Chancel has shallow lean-to extension on S. side with 4-light window, each light with a 4-centred head, and 3-light traceried windows in N. and S.sides of E. extension. E. end has round window with geometric tracery, and re-sited carved foundation stone with coat-of-arms. Vestries with arched traceried windows attached to N. Bell-tower, rising from corner of N. vestry, has tall wooden belfry with wooden tracery, louvres and pyramid roof. Both bell-tower and chancel have ornamental gablets to buttresses. Interior: carved angel corbels to roof; double-chamfered chancel arch on corbel shafts with richly carved caps and bases; stone pulpit with angle shafts. (Miles Green, The History of St. Maegaret's Church, Tylers Green, 1984).

Listing NGR: SU9034593753

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46894

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Green, M, The History of St Margarets Church Tylers Green, (1984)

End of official listing