THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1125643

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, TURVILLE VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125643 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 09:42:48.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, TURVILLE VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Turville

National Grid Reference: SU 76654 91165

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 79 SE TURVILLE TURVILLE VILLAGE (south side)

3/181 The Old Vicarage (formerly listed as Vicarage) 21.6.55

GV II*

House, formerly vicarage. C17-C18 core, extended and remodelled c.1820- 30, with c.1967 alterations. Mostly flint with brick dressings, the S.E. end completely of brick,all once colourwashed. Old tile roof, hipped over S.E. end. Brick chimneys. 2 parallel ranges. 2 storeys and attic, 4 bays. Front to road is irregular: left bay has 3-pane sashes; second bay has gabled projection; remainder has sashes, cross casements and blind window panels to right. 2 of the cross casements are C17-C18 and one has original iron fittings. Gabled projection has front of glazed header brick with red brick and flint rustication, C20 Gothick double doors in rusticated 4-centred arch, and large upper sash window with pointed head. Flanking door and window are panels of knapped, squared and coursed flint with narrow plastered flint borders, the lower panels with flint dripmoulds, the upper panels with open flint pediments. Other knapped. flint panels between storeys. Sun and Royal Exchange fire insurance plaques. Garden front has 4 bays of French doors with Gothick wooden glazing bars, matching sash window to ground floor of second bay, and matching casement to first floor left. First floor doors in bays 2 and 4 have delicate wrought iron railings infront. Third bay has ground flooor projection and balcony above with Gothick ironwork and tented metal roof. Openings in left bay are C20. Interior: fine staircase curves round apse within entry projection, with stick balusters, wreathed handrail and cut scrolls on string; S.E. room has 2 reeded doorcases; some early C19 ceiling cornices; rear room with Gothick fireplace and door of c. 1840-50, and vine trail ceiling cornice of same date.

Listing NGR: SU7665491165

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46833

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing