THE ROUND HOUSE AND PINK COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125733

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: THE ROUND HOUSE AND PINK COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE ROUND HOUSE AND PINK COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125733 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:16:19.

Location

Statutory Address: THE ROUND HOUSE AND PINK COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Fawley

National Grid Reference: SU 75819 87444

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 78 NE FAWLEY

6/1 The Round House and Pink Cottage

II



Two houses. C16 cottage to left, altered and extended C20, with round tower to right dated IF 1730 on internal plaque. Cottage is rendered and colourwashed with old tile roof. Brick chimney with grouped shafts to right at junction with tower. One storey and attic, 3 bays, the left bay C20 with door and catslide verandah, Right bays each have gable to front and paired barred wooden casements. Another similar casement to ground floor between right bays. C20 rear wing. Interior has timber framing, possibly with cruck truss to centre, and large fireplace with chamfered arched lintel. Tower is of dressed chalk with flint plinth and deep moulded brick modillion cornice. Conical tiled roof. 2 storeys. C20 paired wooden casement inserted to ground floor front; paired casements in altered openings to both floors of right side, the lower metal casement retaining original segmental arch and internal lintel. Original entries to both floors of tower are now enclosed in small C19 flint and brick wing to rear. Rear wing extended C20. Interior has stop-chamfered beams supporting upper floor, blocked fireplaces, and date stone in upper room. RCHM I p.156. MON.4.

Listing NGR: SU7581987444

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46651

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing