This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE CHURCH HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE CHURCH HOUSE

List entry Number: 1125744

Location

THE CHURCH HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hughenden

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Jul-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 46572

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HUGHENDEN HUGHENDEN PARK SU 89 NE

4/92 The Church House (formerly listed as Almshouses southwest of Church) 21.6.55

GV II

House, formerly almshouses. C17, altered and extended early C19, refurbished C20. 3 centre bays have flint plinth, C19 chequer brick to ground floor, and half-timbering with rendered infill and arched braces above. Timber framing and brick to rear. Outer bays are brick and flint extensions. All bays have small brick gables. Old tile roof, brick chimneys to left and centre rear, the latter with 2 rebuilt diagonal shafts. 1 1/2 storeys, 5 bays. C20 leaded casements, 3-light to ground floor, 2-light in gables. Pairs of C20 board doors between bays 2 and 3 and between bays 4 and 5. All ground floor openings have C19 rendered Tudor hoodmoulds linked by narrow rendered string. Small single-storey extension to left. Stone plaque records endowment of Ellen, Countess Conyngham, d.1816. Originally given as almshouses by Dormer family. RCHM I.p.210. MON.2.

Listing NGR: SU8636595490

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 4 Buckinghamshire,

National Grid Reference: SU 86365 95490

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125744 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 05:28:59.

End of official listing