Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125800

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955



Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125800 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jan-2019 at 19:21:57.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Bledlow-cum-Saunderton

National Grid Reference: SP 77664 02122


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON CHURCH END SP 70 SE (BLEDLOW) 1/13 Manor Farmhouse 21.6.55 II House. Early C16, altered c.1600, externally rebuilt mid C18, with large rear wing added late C18. Brick, old tile roof, brick chimney to right. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Ground floor outer bays have c.1980 tripartite sashes in rebuilt surrounds; 3-light wooden casements above. 3-light barred wooden casement to centre of first floor. Off-centre half-glazed C20 door set behind brick arch. Parallel wing to rear is also of brick with gauged first floor band course and window heads, hipped old tile roof and square brick chimney. 2 storeys, 3 bays, now with 2 sash windows to first floor and 3 paired barred wooden casements below. Interior: front range has some remains of original timber framing, the 2 left bays originally an open hall. This has central tie beam with chamfered projection to centre of soffit, once the centre part of an arch-braced truss. Chamfered curved wind-braces in roof. Central fireplace and floor inserted c.1600, the left bay having a large stop-chamfered spine beam with double moulded stops. Right end of hall was formerly a cross passage with 2 surviving 4-centred chamfered wooden arches to service bay. Another similar arch at left end of original hall. RCHM I p. 55 Mon.5.

Listing NGR: SP7766402122


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46493

Legacy System: LBS


An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing