MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1125803

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH END

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125803 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 12:23:52.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Bledlow-cum-Saunderton

National Grid Reference: SP 77964 02132

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 70 SE BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON CHURCH END (BLEDLOW) 1/23 Manor House 21.6.55

GV II*

House. circa 1670 core built for Blancks family; much extended c.1702 as dated on chimney; altered c.1800 for the Carringtons. Brick, once colourwashed, with moulded and guaged brick band course at first floor level, the N.W. front with wooden modillion eaves cornice. Hipped old tile roofs, brick chimneys with finely moulded cornices and neckings. H-plan. 2 storeys, cellars and attics. N.E. front has flanking projections with traces of blocked openings, and 3 centre bays with large early C19 sashes, raised attic storey, ground floor colonnade, and central door. Traces of original 5-bay facade with red brick window dressings. N.W. front also remodelled early C19, with 5 bays of sashes, 2 flat roofed dormers with paired barred wooden casements, and central glazed doorway with large fanlight. S.E. front is also of 5 bays with large sashes replacing cross casements, 3 pedimented dormers with paired barred wooden casements, and off-centre chimney. Irregular rear with lower roof-line and chimney of C17 part to left of centre, and 2 projections, the right partly rebuilt, the left having 2 blocked oval windows qith guaged surrounds. Interior: splendid central staircase of c.1720-30 with slender fluted column and twisted balusters, 3 to each tread, carved scrolls to string, and moulded handrail; another staircase with late C17 twisted balusters in N.W. wing; C18-early C19 panelling with raised and fielded overmantels and overdoors; early C18 stone fireplaces; one fireplace of c.1670 with bolection moulding, pulvinated frieze and cornice.

Listing NGR: SP7796402132

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46503

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing