1590AD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125812

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: 1590AD, BURTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1590AD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125812 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 22:56:21.

Location

Statutory Address: 1590AD, BURTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Princes Risborough

National Grid Reference: SP 81324 04346

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 8104 PRINCES RISBOROUGH BURTON LANE (MONKS RISBOROUGH)

8/152 1590AD (formerly listed as Cottage in Burtons Lane immediately S.W. of Flint Cottage, Woodbine Cottage and 21.6.55 Churchways, known as 1590 AD)

GV II

House. Late C16-C17. Timber frame with brick infill, the left bays with panels of C17 herringbone brickwork. Part of ground floor and part of left bay rebuilt in brick. Rendered plinth. Half-hipped old tile roof, chimney with triple shafts of thin brick and later brick top between right bays. Later external chimney to left. L-plan. 1½-2 storeys, 3 bays. Ground floor has 4 C20 leaded casements, the left with segmental head, the second in small oriel. First floor has similar windows in left bays, and 3-light casement in gabled eaves-line dormer to right. Central bay has C20 door in gabled timber porch. Heavy curved braces in rear wing. Attached to rear wing is a single storey range with timber frame, C20 brick infill and pantile roof, probably once an outbuilding. Interior has chamfered spine beams and stop-chamfered joists. RCHM I p.259 Mon.3.

Listing NGR: SP8132204345

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46423

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing