LIBRARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125817

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: LIBRARY, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LIBRARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125817 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 18:00:45.

Location

Statutory Address: LIBRARY, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Princes Risborough

National Grid Reference: SP 80707 03482

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 8003 PRINCES RISBOROUGH CHURCH STREET

9/162 Library (formerly listed as Fire Services Office) 21.6.55

GV II

Library, formerly a row of cottages, built as one house. C15-early C16, altered C16-early C17 and C19, restored 1938. Timber frame with whitewashed render infill. Ground floor front rebuilt in brick early C19, left gable rebuilt in brick C20 with crow-stepped top. Tiled roof. 1½ storeys, the upper storey jettied to front on beam ends. 4 bays. Irregular barred wooden windows: 3-light horizontal sliding sash to ground floor left, 4-light casement in bay 2, canted bay window in bay 3, long eaves-line dormer with row of 6 small casements in bay 2. Board door to left, C20 double doors recessed in right bay. Interior is open to roof with narrow gallery along S. jettied side. Centre bays originally an open hall, the central truss with chamfered arched braces to collar. Curved braces to flanking tie beam trusses on S. side, N. braces replaced C20. Curved wind-braces in roof. C17 wing to rear has timber-frame with brick infill in gable, and side walls rebuilt in brick. RCHM I p. 271 Mon.12.

Listing NGR: SP8070703482

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46433

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing