This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SARAS COTTAGE THE OLD ORCHARD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SARAS COTTAGE THE OLD ORCHARD

List entry Number: 1125843

Location

SARAS COTTAGE, THAME ROAD
THE OLD ORCHARD, THAME ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Longwick-cum-Ilmer

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 46389

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LONGWICK-CUM-ILMER THAME ROAD SP 70 NE 1/118 Sara's Cottage and The Old Orchard (formerly listed as The Old Orchards) 21.6.55 II Pair of cottages. C17, altered early-mid C18 and later. Left bay has timber frame with whitewashed brick infill, partly herringbone. Remainder rebuilt in whitewashed brick with some rendered timbering to first floor of right bay. Tiled roof, rebuilt chimney of thin brick between left bays, later brick chimney to right. 1½-2 storeys, 3 bays. Right bays have barred horizontal sliding sashes, those to first floor in eaves-line dormers. Small paired wooden casement below eaves between right bays. Left bay has paired wooden casement to first floor right, and canted bay window, both with horizontal wooden glazing bars. Board door to loft, half-glazed door between left bays. Early C20 single storey half-timbered bay to left. Interior has stop-chamfered spine beams. RCHM I p.272 Mon. 25.

Listing NGR: SP7846705344

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

National Grid Reference: SP 78467 05344

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125843 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 07:42:31.

End of official listing