LADY DODDS COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125883

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: LADY DODDS COTTAGES, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LADY DODDS COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125883 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 00:22:49.

Location

Statutory Address: LADY DODDS COTTAGES, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Ellesborough

National Grid Reference: SP 83634 06649

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 80 NW ELLESBOROUGH CHURCH HILL

2/12 Lady Dodd's Cottages (formerly listed as Almshouses to South of Church) 21.6.55

GV II

Block of 4 almshouses, formerly 8. Dated 1746 on plaque, altered C20. Founded by Lady Isabella Dodd for the maintenance of 4 old men and 4 old women. Vitreous-brown brick with red brick dressings and vertical strips. Rendered plinth, eaves with narrow brick dentils. Hipped old tile roof with 3 gables to north and slates over central bay to south. 3 brick chimneys. One storey, approximately 3 x 2 bays. Irregular C20 leaded casements, C20 door to centre of N. side. S. side has taller central bay with shallow gable containing round inscription plaque. This bay also has paired casements with segmental heads flanking central flush-panelled door with C19 gabled timber porch. Interior modernised C20.

Listing NGR: SP8363406649

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46280

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing