THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1125899

Date first listed: 23-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125899 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 00:22:58.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wisbech St. Mary

National Grid Reference: TF 42085 08817

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 40 NW WISBECH ST. MARY STATION ROAD 10/91 (East Side)

23.6.52 The Manor House

II*

House with initials T.W. in wrought iron to north gable end and the date 1791 also in wrought iron and in two parts, to south and east gable ends. Local brick, mainly red, with paler brick to front wall. Some English bond to rear, and tuck pointing to front wall. Parapetted roof of Collyweston stone slates with end stacks and tumbled parapet gable ends. T-plan. Two storeys and attics with band at eaves height. Three dormers. Stone sills and cambered arches to range of five recessed hung sashes of twelve panes each. Broken pediment to central round-headed doorway flanked by plain pilasters with entablature. Arch has small raised key block with mask head ornament. Door of six panels, four raised and fielded and two flush. Round-headed fanlight with Gothick glazing bars. Adjoining and flanking the house are shaped and curving forecourt walls with pilaster buttresses. Interior. The butler's pantry has original cupboards flanking the fireplace, the panels with ogee shaped heads. The kitchen also has original cupboards, some with butterfly hinges and others with raised and fielded panelling. Fine staircase of four flights and two landings, open-string with three balusters to each tread, except for attic flight which has only two, moulded and raked rail and square, panelled newels.

Listing NGR: TF4208508817

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48185

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing