FOUR HEADSTONES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125900

Date first listed: 27-Apr-1984

Statutory Address: FOUR HEADSTONES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER, CHURCH END

Map

Ordnance survey map of FOUR HEADSTONES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125900 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 19:29:46.

Location

Statutory Address: FOUR HEADSTONES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER, CHURCH END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Parson Drove

National Grid Reference: TF 39018 09075

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 30 NE PARSON DROVE CHURCH END (North Side)

9/57 "Four headstones, south west of Tower

GV II

(i) Headstone, Samuel Gunn, 1746. Limestone. In Rococo style. Scrolled head formed of foliage above a whicker basket, filled with flowers flanked by a skull, palm, and winged cherubs' heads. Below hangs a draped curtain bearing the inscription.

(ii) Headstone, Mary, wife of S. Gunn, late C18. Shaped head with winged cherub's head above draped curtain with circle bearing inscription.

(iii) Headstone, Abigail, wife of S. Gunn, 1752. Limestone. Engaged Corinthian columns with entablature and shaped pediment containing a winged cherub's head in the tympanum. Below a circular panel with the inscription and in the spandrels symbols of mortality, bones and a disembodied hand pointing to a skull.

(iv) Double headstone, early C18. Limestone. Two figures as caryatids, one holding an open Bible, the other in act of blessing, supporting a half- round pediment with two putti each holding a wreath in one hand and jointly placing the Crown of Glory on the head of winged cherub's head. Below moulded round-headed arches to two bays with inscriptions.

Listing NGR: TF3901809075

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48189

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing