PEPPERMINT HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125902

Date first listed: 15-Apr-1991

Statutory Address: PEPPERMINT HALL, THE STILL, LEVERINGTON, PE13 5DQ

Map

Ordnance survey map of PEPPERMINT HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125902 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 05:35:32.

Location

Statutory Address: PEPPERMINT HALL, THE STILL, LEVERINGTON, PE13 5DQ

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Leverington

National Grid Reference: TF 44474 10720

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The entry was subject to a minor amendment on 9 August 2017.

TF 41 SW LEVERINGTON The Still

6/121 Peppermint Hall

(formerly known as The Grange, Dowgate Road)

GV II

House. Circa early C18, remodelled in circa 1830-40 and extended in circa mid C19. Flemish bond gault brick south front range and English bond red brick at rear. Low pitched hipped slate roofs with deep eaves. Brick axial and end stacks.

Plan: The 2-room plan north range with a central entrance hall is a circa 1830-40 rebuilding to form a new front to what remains of the circa early C18 house behind now a rear (SE) wing. The 2- storey outshut behind the north range is part of the early C18 house, while the range in the rear right hand (south west) angle is of circa mid C19 date, but may contain earlier fabric.

2 storey symmertrical 3 window north front. Tall French casements with margin panes, the ground floor with semi-circular fanlights with glazing bars, the first floor with slightly cambered arches. Stone band at first floor cill level. Central doorway with panelled door and reveals and Doric porch with fluted columns and entablature canopy. 1 bay end elevation with similar fenestration. The south east wing is of 3 storeys, 2 window east elevation, top storey rebuilt, plat band at first floor level, 16-pane sashes, top storey 8-pane sashes, left hand blind, central doorway. South end of wing has remains of plat-band at second floor level, and to left circa mid C19 extension, 2 storeys with 16-pane sash on first floor. The 2 storey outshut behind north range has lean-to roof and early brickwork in west wall.

Interior: Only the circa 1830-40 north front range was inspected. Most of the C19 joinery is intact. The entrance hall has moulded 6 panel doors in moulded architraves and modillion plaster cornice. The rooms to left and right also have moulded plaster cornices, the right hand with later C19 marble chimneypiece and round arch alcoves, the left hand with elliptically headed alcoves with panelled cupboards and C20 chimneypiece. Open well, open string stair case behind right hand room with stick balusters, column newels, mahogany hand rail and shaped tread ends.

Listing NGR: TF4447410720

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48195

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing