STABLES NOW A JOINERY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125905

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: 1, BARTON ROAD

Statutory Address: STABLES NOW A JOINERY, BARTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES NOW A JOINERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125905 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 00:46:39.

Location

Statutory Address: 1, BARTON ROAD

Statutory Address: STABLES NOW A JOINERY, BARTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wisbech

National Grid Reference: TF 45526 09378

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 2 Item number 7/3 10.2.69 ------------------------------------

WISBECH BARTON ROAD TF 4509 (South Side) 3 7/3 No. 1 (and stables now a joinery) GV II

Late C18 house. Local brown brick; hipped slate roof with two symmetrical stacks. Two storeys with cellar. Shallow parapet with stone coping. Five first floor recessed hung sash windows with cambered brick arches (plaster band between floors). Four similar but larger ground floor windows. Six-panelled door with rectangular fanlight approached by stone steps. Rear wing originally the stables to Sibalds Holme, with wooden lantern of four classical arches surmounted by an iron finial. Watson, History of Wisbech, p.486, 1827.

Listing NGR: TF4552609378

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48199

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Watson, W, An Historical Account of the Ancient Town and Port of Wisbech, (1827), 486

End of official listing