This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

REAR RANGE NUMBER 46

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: REAR RANGE NUMBER 46

List entry Number: 1125907

Location

7 AND 8, BRIDGE STREET
REAR RANGE NUMBER 46, 46, ALEXANDRA ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wisbech

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48203

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 3 Item number 6/7 10.2.69

------------------------------------

WISBECH BRIDGE STREET TF 4609 (South Side) 6/7 Nos. 7 and 8 (including rear range No. 46 Alexandra Road) GV II

Two shops, originally timber-framed and jettied to the street, possibly late C16 or earlier, with late C17 brick gables, roof and rear wing. Walls rendered; steeply pitched slated, butt- purlin roof of four bays. Diagonal red brick shaft to left hand stack. Two storeys (attic floor removed). Three first floor casement windows. Late C19 shop windows flank central door to No. 7, and C20 windows to No. 8. Rear wing cased in brick and raised to three storeys in early C19, with architraved shop window. Interior to No. 8 has fine carved moulded ceiling beams and stop-moulded floor joists. Exposed roof trusses. VCH, p.242. Peckover, A. watercolour (Watsons), W. & F. Mus, c.1857.

Listing NGR: TF4602709609

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242
Watson, W, An Historical Account of the Ancient Town and Port of Wisbech, (1827)

National Grid Reference: TF 46027 09609

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125907 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 11:39:05.

End of official listing